Way With Worlds Book 2: Details And Discussion
A downloadable book
Way With Worlds is back for round two!
We love making fictional worlds - but making ones that are memorable and powerful takes work. How can we build better fictional settings when there's so many challenges?
To help you out, Steve Savage explores specific issues and subjects that are important to worldbuilders. It's time for a deep dive on subjects near and dear to our hearts - and that occasionally frustrate us!
This book covers:
- Heroes, Villains, and Author's Pets - Good and evil are tough enough to write, but get more complicated when authors favor certain characters or our own cultural biases step in!
- Utopias and Dystopias - How do we make believably good civilizations, believably bad ones - and why do we do this in the first place?
- Conflicts - How do conflicts occur, how can we write them realistically, and what happens when you need to haul off and go post-apocalyptic on your setting?
- Communication - How do you tell people what's going on in your world, without making it obvious you're telling them?
- Tools and Techniques - From philosophy and exercises to using (or avoiding) other forms of media to help your worldbuilding, what can you do to stretch yourself?
- Skills - What skills make a good Worldbuilder - and is worldbuilding itself a skillset or something more?
- Originality - Fruitless quest or the holy grail of the worldbuilder? Why do we worry so often about originality?
In order to download this book you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- And Way With Worlds 2 Is available!65 days ago
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.